Chicago is the third-largest city in the U.S. and is located right in the center of the country. There are a number of trucking companies here from owner-operators with 1-2 trucks to giants with more than a thousand units in their fleets. Whether you are a rookie or experienced trucker, there are truck driver jobs in Chicago for you.
New drivers are always needed and the majority of trucking companies are permanently hiring. Some companies are growing and increasing the number of units in their fleets. Others fill empty seats in trucks. A turnover of 80-90% is common for the industry.
It’s a piece of cake to find truck driving jobs in Chicago, but how to choose?
The situation on the market gives truckers an opportunity to choose from a bunch of trucking companies to work with. Before you start, think about your perfect job and answer 3 main questions:
- What type of trailer would you like to haul? Do you want to work with a company that offers many types of trailers to choose from or specialized ones? For example, Brite Logistics has dry vans only in its fleet.
- How much time are you ready to be on the road? Local drivers can be home daily, and OTR could be out for weeks.
- Would you like to be a company driver or independent contractor position is right for you? Company drivers get all the benefits this type of employment can give them. It could be different types of insurance and 401K match. Also, they don’t have to pay taxes by themselves. Independent contractors are getting more money for their work, but also have to take care of taxes by themselves.
When you are choosing from thousands of companies to apply to, check feedback and reputation, take a look at a company’s website. When you are talking to a recruiter, ask questions, tell the recruiter about your expectations and what is important to you.
Check all the terms and conditions before you start:
- What truck are you going to drive? What equipment you will be using? What about maintenance?
- How long are you going to be on the road, what states?
- How much the company will pay you? What exactly do you need to do to get bonuses?
Brite Logistics is growing and looking for experienced truck drivers in Chicago
We have more than 200 trucks and 400 trailers and are growing. If you are a truck driver from Chicago and you are looking for an OTR truck driving job, you can get all the bonuses and benefits we offer to our drivers and be home weekly. Brite Logistics offers W-2 and 1099 types of employment. We offer mutually beneficial cooperation for company drivers and owner-operators.
If you have a team driver to drive together, you can get 5000 miles per week on average. Our dispatchers will give you as many miles as you can drive.
What do truck drivers like about working with Brite Logistics?
We have got much feedback from our drivers and there are three main things they like about the company:
Adam H Vogt
Best Company I ever worked with! Great dispatchers and support team throughout. Very responsive to all your needs. Best decision I made was going with Brite and I’ve been Driving for 34 years.
This company is true to their word. They have the best people. Dispatch truly listens to you. If you have an emergency and need to get home, they get you there! This is the best company I’ve ever worked for, and the best money I’ve ever made!!! I love this company and all their people!!!!
I would like to THANK our MECHANIC SHOP PERSONNEL. Every time I have an Issue with my truck, they always take care of it in a TIMELY MANNER. They are very PROFESSIONAL AND PRODUCTIVE; always making sure my TRUCK IS IN THE GREATEST CONDITION to take care of our CUSTOMERS. Their performance definitely makes A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN MY PRODUCTIVITY ; and that is a PLUS FOR ME… That ‘ s one of the MAIN REASONS I work for this Great Company: I DO NOT WASTE TIME BROKEN DOWN: and that means $$MONEY IN MY POCKET,,,, THANKS MANNY, VICTOR & the rest of the team👍🏻 YOU GUYS MAKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE ,,,,,, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
Today a reader，tomorrow a leader！